Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Eid Mubarak :) and my new 'services'

assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

EID MUBARAK!

and in other news:

So after talking to many individuals and hearing the all too similar story about marriage and how they want to/their parents want them to/they need to follow the sunnah etc. yet have failed to find a suitable match, I have taken it upon myself to personally search out, or matchmake for my peers. Now now, don't laugh. It's true that I myself am not married, but i think that in no way should inhibit the process. The only awkward situations arise when the sister or her parents ask me, "if this guy is so great why don't you marry him", or my parents favorite line, "why do you hook up others before yourself". Apparently many of our parents' generation don't believe in a simple concept known as "compatibility" . My dad believes that any girl and any guy can marry if they compromise enough....i disagree :)

I have jump started the process and have currently attempted 3 matches (full fledge) and have some others up my sleeve. Any success? Well we'll have to wait and see inshaAllah :)

Anyway I ask for your duas, and any resources you may have. In fact we can pool our resources and help create a happy ummah :)!

Untiil then :),

Wassalamualaikum wa rahmatullah.

Labels: