Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Series of Unfortunate Events..

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah from Miami,

Recently I've heard a handful of some really unfortunate and devastating stories, however due to some promises I will not share these stories.

What I will do is reflect on them inshaAllah. Each of the narratives I have heard about these events, the individual involved did not directly do an action that lead to their predicament. Meaning, their present situation was not necessary a direct result of what they did nor a reflection of their character.

That makes it all the more harder to digest. Many a times we hear about things that happen to people, yet somewhere in our heart we relish in the fact that it did not happen to us, somehow patting ourselves on the back for not placing ourselves in such a situation where the event could present itself to us. However how do we console ourselves when we know that this too could happen to us at any moment in time...

SubhanAllah we all take many precautions before getting married or making any major decisions, however at times despite all that we do we have to know that our knowledge in the future is not complete and leave it up to Allah subhana wa ta ala. After all this, then how do we deal with these misfortunes that fall upon us and others? In the various stories I've heard, different individuals have reacted differently. One person completely seemed to break down, and lose almost all imaan, while the other remained unselfishly steadfast in her situation...

what made one act the way she did, and the other completely opposite? Allah hu alim...
but it does make me think that if, by some chance, I was placed in the situation would I have the imaan to be steadfast in the face of the adversity.

This reminds me of a dream that I am constantly having...I don't know how appropriate it is to put it up here but I shall inshaAllah...
I know I constantly hope and pray that I will die in a state of imaan with the shahadah on my lips and a smile on my face, praying that death does not seize me at a point in time when I am far from Allah subhana wa ta ala. At one point in my life I was constantly dreaming about death...in one of the dreams I recall that I was in Iraq sitting with Saddam Hussein ( I don't know why) he was polishing one of his porches (apparently he had one) when all of a sudden there were missiles hitting his compound...I started running down the street, trying to dodge each missile, up until the point I became tired, and closed my eyes, and started repeating the shahadah to myself, somehow anticipating death, at that moment the scene turned dark and I felt a pain and jolt in my chest and for an instance I thought that my soul had been lifted, and I felt this instantaneous pleasure, imagining that I had died in a state of imaan...

so often we think about how we'll die, or if we were in certain areas how we would react, but when it actually comes upon you, you realize how unplanned it really is...subhanALlah you become so powerless in the slightest of situations. It also goes to show that we so easily pass judgment on people without even thinking twice about their situations...when these situations hit close to home you realize how helpless people really are...

Please make dua for the individuals I have mentioned...or not really mentioned...
may Allah ta ala guide and protect us all, and help us remain steadfast on the path He laid out for usssssssss.......
ameeeeeeeeeen...

wassalamualaikum wa rahmatullah.