Wednesday, June 21, 2006

summer!!!

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah

Too much time has passed since i last made a list...

thus i shall continue in this tradition.

This list is simply called "SUMMER":

1. Though we bought an AC for the apt we have not yet installed it...so we are boiling....even i am amazed at our laziness..
2. Muggy baby is super affectionate in the summer.
3. I eat less in the summer.
4. I have no friends in the summer.
5. I have the most amazing roommates ever mashaAllah :) (may Allah subhana wa ta ala bless and preserve them)
6. This wedding every weekend thing is getting kind of absurd...i havent seen my parents in forever :(
7. I looooooooooooove my masters program :) :) :)
8. Let's go Softballers :)
9. Black jilbabs are suprisingly still my number one attire of choice in the summer.
10. I haven't eaten as much icecream as i should be.
11. Jamba Juice !
12. Daily trips to Whole Food
13. Soy everything
14. Thursday afternoon dhikr sessions !
15. Maanu Jaanu, Ishy bishy bumbo, safah rani, minu tinu, hiyu piyu :)
16. ***** SECRET ******** :) (i know madddd shady)..but im trying to build suspense :)
17. not enough time in the park :(
18. late night discussions
19. possibly my last summer in NYC
20. more one on one time with the One and Only

my brain is kind of fried because i spend five hours straight in class, and i would reflect on the awesome things we do, however our prof makes us write reflections like 3 times each class, so im kinda reflectioned out..
however today we talked about the use of ebonics in the classroom...is it appropriate? is ebonics another language or a dialect? how do you encourage your kids to speak in 'standard' english?

interesting times :)

SubhanAllah to think that a year (and two months) from now I will potentially (inshaAllah) have my own class is kinda cool :)
I would looooooove to teach in an inner-city high school but i highly doubt my parents will be down with that idea..
so i may just have to hit up suburbia post graduation....

i just pray im in a place that i can benefit and that can benefit me ...
i've had the whole islamic school vs public school debate with myself (and others) and in the end i think i've decided that i want to teach in a public school...from my experience in teaching workshops in highschools i've realized that a lot of students have soooo many questions about islam, and they are so eager to have these issues addressed, and dont necessarily have the means to do so, that it would be very beneficial to have muslims in the public school system...

that ofcourse is my own personal view..
if anyone has their own please feel free to share..

until then..
take care..
make dua..
be happy...
wassalamualaikum wa rahmatullah

Labels: