Monday, May 23, 2005

Love <3

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Yesterday one of my friends and I were taking a walk and discussing various issues we were dealing with, and we landed on the issue of the heart, and subhan'Allah we started talking about the condition of the heart. Shaykh Zulfiqar says in Love for Allah,

"The human body is composed of limbs and organs, each with a unique trait seeing is the trait of the eye; listening is the trait of the ear; and smelling is the trait of the nose. Similarly, loving is the trait of the heart, the heart is always in love with someone."

Be it with a stone, God, or anyone else,
There comes not tranquility without loving.
The heart is the ocean of love; love is its act,
Guard it a thousand ways; it will still fall in love.
At that point in time we were not discussing our inherent love for Allah, but our love for other things and people, and subhan'Allah we discussed that no matter how hard you try, your heart is always inclined towards someone, and often times the brain and it's rationality are overshadowed by the heart and its love. It is amazing how many times we will abandon everything simply due to an inclination of the heart. However the greatest task is to focus the heart on the ultimate love, that of Allah subhana wa ta ala...
May I forget everything in Your remembrance,
And may I remember not anyone else.
May I forsake unto Thee all dear to my heart,
And may my heart be filled by You.
May I set fire to my joys and happiness,
And may my heart ache for Thee alone.
May I be blinded to all I know,
And may I turn only to Thee and none other.
Wassalamualaikum wa Rahmatullah.