Friday, December 09, 2005

Night

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

As you can see this blog does not get updated all that often. However at times, often times in the midst of the darkness of the night you suddenly feel really really alone and the urge to reach out to something or someone. Amazing isn't it, that this is the time that Allah subhana wa ta ala descends to the lowest of the heavens simply so we can reach out to him.

Hmmmmmmmmm................


As I write this I have surah rahman playing in the background, yet in the background of that I hear the city life outside of my apartment. Unfortunately I live next door to a "pub", and every Thursday night, I hear people, at this very hour, screaming out things, things that they won't remember the next morning. Its weird isn't it.

Day and night are so utterly different...we can be one person in the day, and somehow transform into a totally different person at night. Today I was surrounded by sooooo many people, we sat, we laughed, we ate, we prayed, and then just as maghrib rolled by we all parted our own ways...and now here I am in the middle of the night sitting in my bed, only the light of my laptop illuminating the room. Goes to tell you something I guess, at this hour when I could be with the highest of companions, I choose my laptop ... they say in the midst of the night individuals call out to their beloved ... so i guess this white MAC would be mine .. eek.

subhanAllah ...

wassalamualaikum wa rahmatullah