Monday, March 13, 2006

EZ

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah...

So i think i may have attended my last MSA conference ever...

Here are some things I have learned over this weekend:

1) I am OLD
2) I don't know how to drive without power steering
3) NYU brothers are the best...hands down mashaAllah...
4) I miss Maulana Kamal B I G T I M E ...
5) I am not as social as i thought i was
6) I have mad regional (state) pride
7) I am pickier than i thought i was (in regards to food)
8) Mubeen Husain is on crack and i love her for it--i knew this before but ...to what extent i just figured out :)
9) I love Philly/Jersey girls
10) ummm.....i love nasheeds..


So yea...how would i label the east zone conference? I don't know...either i am changing or the conferences are changing...maybe a combination of the two. I understand its super hard to organize these conferences, and its really really draining as most organizers go on absolutely no sleep. But some things i think are essential to any conference to keep the masses happy: 1- good food, 2- happy people, 3- lots of signs. I never realized how much logistics could really make or break a conference...but boy oh boy can it...

Also as much as I enjoyed hearing Brother Noman Ali khan ... i think there was a desperate need for more scholars...

Anyway inshaAllah im going to be going to the minarah program this weekend so inshaAllah ill have lots and lots of notes from that.

and no for everyone that is asking i did not find my husband at east zone.


beace in the middle east..
wassalamualaikumwarahmatullah