Monday, March 06, 2006

my mugga...

assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah...

On Friday i took my baby...mugalicious (maghrib) to the vet to get "fixed" (spayed). This was her first big operation type of thing, and i've been told its just one of those things you have to do.

So we brought maghrib home and unfortunately she has to wear one of those cone things on her head so she can't do any of the things she loves doing ie cleaning herself and running around and going psycho...

For most of the weekend i was in my apartment just sititng with her, and subhanAllah for perhaps the first time in my life i felt like .00000001 of what a mother probably feels. First and foremost its very obvious that my cats in pain...and wallahi when i looked at her like tears came in my eyes. First because I knew i was the cause of this pain, and second, as dumb as this sounds, she is my baby. Those of you guys that don't have pets may not understand. But i have this affection for her that i don't have for other people. Maybe, because like babies, cats are so dependent on their owners for love and affection and everything, and ofcourse cats like people can not speak, but she would just look at me and i kneeeeeeeew the pain she was in. So, subhanAllah i cant explain the feeling, but its a completely selfless, you just want to absorb the pain of the other being (in this case the cat) and take it upon yourself. I see my mom and whenever I have the slightest of pain, even if i just did something d umb like bang into the table, or fall down the stairs (yes i do that often) she would come and just sit with me and massage the area and get this look in her eyes. When im hurt she hurts.

So yes....please make dua for my cat :( she can't walk straight, she falls cuz that stupid cone messes up her balance, shes got pain...

take care..
wassalamualaikum wa rahmatullah