Monday, January 30, 2006

Love is in the air...

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

Yes siree bob its true... love is most definately in the air. No no no, I am most definately not referring to myself. I am referring to the maidens around me, within the past month I have heard about a dozen engagements mashaAllah, and each day of things that can somewhat constitute to the preliminary stages of marriage.

Marriage, marriage, marriage. I guess when you turn 21 that is all people like to discuss with you. On my recent trip to Houston my 13 and 14 year old cousins were even trying to find me a suitable spouse. On Eid they even dragged me outside of the Masjid to meet what they thought to be a an amazing catch for me. He had the three "H's" that would make any Muslimah pleased, Height, Hafidh, and Handful (fistful but i had to make it work with the H) beard :). However I was apparently too slow in putting on my shoes because by the time I got outside he had departed (thank God).


When my older cousin came to visit me this weekend she asked if anything "was wrong" with me because unlike my peers I somehow missed the marriage boat. At times this really starts to worry me, maybe I have become really really old, but dude, I'm 21! True my mother already had a two-year old at my age, but still...how can I compete with the most perfect of women :)

So anyway, yes its true love is in the air. But there is absolutely no need for it to suffocate those that have not yet fell to its feet (ie me). :) So until then yo, I'm chiiiiillliiiiiiiiinnn ;) And for those of you that have found that special someone, May Allah subhana wa ta ala increase your love for one another, and make you the coolness and delight of one another's eyes (and heart) :)

wassalamualaikum wa rahmamtullah.

**EDIT** apparently there are a lot more "H's" - handsome, humble, and....Hyderabadi ;)