Friday, February 03, 2006

My room, Google Earth and Afghanistan :)



Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,


This post will be completely and utterly random...

So last night me and Miss Dora Lee were sitting in my bed and examining the huuuuuuge Afghanistan map I recently put up on my wall. Huh? A map of Afghanistan you may ask.....wellllllllll its true I am not Afghani, but I am taking a class on Afghanistan and the Professor recommended we put the map up on our walls to familiarize ourselves with the region...

lol so when I did put it up on my wall, me and Dora began to laugh because.......if the CIA were to pop in and give us a surprise visit this is what they would see : a wall with a HUGE map of Afghanistan, with many different places circled and starred (haha), surrounded by various pieces of Arabic calligraphy, books on "Terrorism", Palestine, Iran, Iraq (and now Afghanistan) sprawled on the floor, and in the bookshelf, accompanied by many Islamic texts in Arabic and English....not to mention that i am the President of the Islamic Center ......i like the way I am falsely convicting myself via blogspot :)

oh yea also above Dora's bed (who is Chinese) I put one of my calligraphy pieces I got from China, it says "even a smile is charity" in both Arabic and chinese, but ofcourse our CIA bretheran wouldn't know that and think that the only reason that a Chinese girl would be living with three brown Moslems would be cuz she's in on it too...

anyway we had a nice fun laugh..

the point to this was that we couldn't find a certain city and when googling didn't work Dora suggested that new Google Earth thing.....and so I typed in the city in Afghanistan and lo and behold there it was, a satellite picture of the town, so i zoomed in further and further and futher and sure enough it was there crystal clear....maaaaad scary ...subhanAllah....
the even funnier part was that afterwards I tried my hometown in Long Island, and they hadn't gotten around to quite perfecting the image......weird na? The fact that every city, and town in Afghanistan was crystal clear via satelitte yet my town in the US of A was not.......yes i am a politics major, and yes i go to the most liberal school ever...lol.

Anyway its kind of amazing though google earth..check it out when u get a chance :)...

i think im done now :)

beace in the middle east

wassalamualaikum wa rahmatullah!