Thursday, July 07, 2005

All grown up... ?

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

Its kind of amazing how time just fliiiiiiiiiiies by. I can recall when I was 4 years old and was surrounded by people my age (20) and I thought they were soooooo old...it was beyond me to even imagine what they did with their lives...and now here I am, subhan'Allah.

The funny thing is, despite being 20, I feel so...naive? What I percieve to be life is probably very sheltered and uni-dimensional (is that a word?), yet at my age countless other individuals have held the burden of families, nations, and societies on their backs. I remember at the MSA East Zone Conference this year Shaykh Husain spoke about the life of Fatima (ra) and how she was given the glad tidings of jannah and perfected herself at such a young age, probably even before the age that I am at now. Meaning she spent her days as a teenager, as what we would now call a child, in the service of Allah and His Messanger. Her life meant SOMETHING, and she achieved SOMETHING. May Allah subhana wa ta ala bless her and her family.

Subhan'Allah ... now to return to myself, sitting here in front of this laptop at 1:55 am, I am at a complete loss as to what I am and what I am to become. 20 years of my life have passed by, in what seems now as a blur, yet I am unsure that if today on this day I were to leave this world I would have anything substantial to account for. Still I wonder how many more years will go by before my time attains some sort of barakah...


May Allah subhana wa ta ala guide and protect us all...

wassalamualaikum wa rahmatullah